Knock, Knock!

Like any human, I fall off track sometimes when life becomes overwhelming and complicated; forgetting to seek Him and His amazing guidance only to grovel for His forgiveness in being absent to His presence. I am greatly rewarded by blessings of many different kind.

God does not forget me, or you, no matter what goes on or has happened in your life or the world. I hope these daily devotions can help others as much as they have helped me.

For anyone who may be reading this, please do not post comments (or try to) bashing myself or my religious beliefs. I am not out there seeking you out for your differences to try and debate them. I respect that everyone is different, everyone has different religions and beliefs and I completely respect them for that as they have that right. I have been down many different roads in my young life, and this is what I have chosen because I feel it with every beat of my heart. I just ask that it be respected.

Monday, July 11, 2011

July 9 & 10

 July 9

"STOP WORRYING long enough to hear My voice. I speak softly to you, in the depths of your being. your mind shuttles back and forth, hither and yon, weaving webs of anxious confusion. As My thoughts rise up within you, they become entangled in those sticky webs of worry. Thus, my voice is muffled, and you hear only 'white noise.'

Ask My Spirit to quiet your mind so that you can think My thoughts. This ability is an awesome benefit of being My child, patterned after My own image. Do not be deafened by the noise of the world or that of your own thinking. Instead, be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Sit quietly in My Presence, lettign My thoughts reprogram your thinking."

Deuteronomy 30:20; Genesis 1:27; Romans 12:2

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly, the only thing that comes to mind (that I haven't already talked about relating to this), is:

When you're really starting to worry about something that you push all other thoughts to the back burner and it's so clouded in your mind that you can't think of anything else or let anything else in (like God's voice telling you to shut up and stop worrying)...

Remember to...

STOP!!! In the name of God! And let him speeeeeak to your heart! (sung to the tune of "Stop, In the Name of Love")

--------------------------------------------------------------

July 10

"RELAX IN MY PEACEFUL PRESENCE. Do not bring performance pressures into our sacred space of communion. When you are with someone you trust completely, you feel free to be yourself. This is one of the joys of true friendship. Though I am Lord of lords and King of kings, I also desire to be your intimate Friend. When you are tense or pretentious in our relationship, I feel hurt. I know the worst about you, but I also see the best in you. I long for you to trust Me enough to be fully yourself with Me. When you are real with Me, I am able to bring out the best in you: the very gifts that I have planted in your soul. Relax, and enjoy our friendship."

Revelations 17:14; John 15:13-15

--------------------------------------------------------


I couldn't help but giggle reading this. I remember when I was younger and I would try to justify my actions to God in something I've done to others here on earth. Back then I didn't quite understand as I do now that: YOU CAN'T HIDE WHO YOU ARE FROM GOD. Anyone who thinks they can are only hurting and fooling themselves in the process. God is who made us who we are. He knows the ins and outs of our hearts, mind, body, and soul. He knows us better than anyone would ever think to know or understand. BUT, just because He already knows this, doesn't mean we should stop sharing who we are with Him. Letting Him in willingly and openly "HERE I AM, GOD!" with welcoming arms. He wants us to want Him in, to be privy of our thoughts, worries/concerns, happiness, questions...etc. He already knows our deepest, darkest secrets, goals, and dreams...but just wants us to openly and willingly share it with Him.

God is so awesome that even Chuck Norris can't one-up Him.

1 comment:

  1. Renee, I swear, every time I need to hear this you have written it! As for reasons that I messaged you, I am so stressed out right now. I have so many different voices in my head and I am having a hard time just putting them to rest while knowing God's voice should be the only one I hear. My niece was baptized about 4 weeks ago and their priest said something amazing: The deepest and most intimate prayer we can have is that of just sitting and listening. I loved it. Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete