Knock, Knock!

Like any human, I fall off track sometimes when life becomes overwhelming and complicated; forgetting to seek Him and His amazing guidance only to grovel for His forgiveness in being absent to His presence. I am greatly rewarded by blessings of many different kind.

God does not forget me, or you, no matter what goes on or has happened in your life or the world. I hope these daily devotions can help others as much as they have helped me.

For anyone who may be reading this, please do not post comments (or try to) bashing myself or my religious beliefs. I am not out there seeking you out for your differences to try and debate them. I respect that everyone is different, everyone has different religions and beliefs and I completely respect them for that as they have that right. I have been down many different roads in my young life, and this is what I have chosen because I feel it with every beat of my heart. I just ask that it be respected.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

July 3

"MY CHILDREN make a pastime of judging one another--and themselves. But I am the only capable Judge, and I have acquitted you through My own blood. Your acquittal came at the price of My unparalleled sacrifice. That is why I am highly offended when I hear My children judge one another or indulge in self-hatred.

If you live close to Me and absorb My Word, the Holy Spirit will guide and correct you as needed. There is no condemnation for those who belong to Me. "

Luke 6:37; 2 Timothy 4:8; Titus 3:5; Romans 8:1

--------------------------------------------

Good morning!


As much as we tend to judge others, we are also our own worst critics. We know this, yet are still so harsh on ourselves. Sometimes it's a good thing, as it can be an eye opener in some situations, however it also tends to leave your vision cloudy and rather negative. Stubborn in our ways, when we feel disappointed in ourselves and begin to dislike ourselves, it leaves us open and even more vulnerable for the evil negativity to lay into our minds, hearts, and lives.

I know I struggle with this sometimes. I get so down and out because I'm being so hard on myself. When I do that, everything else is out of focus, especially God, while I have my pity party. How selfish of myself! All I need to remember is that God made me this way. Haha, even Lady GaGa has it right, "If God makes no mistakes, I'm on the right track baby, I was born this way!" Which, if you really think about it, is dead on. God made us how He wanted us to be for His own reasons. Reasons we may never understand ourselves, but it may help someone else out down the road. Who knows? But why worry about it? How about not focus on ourselves all the time and focus on God and His will? It's hard to do, especially when life throws us curve balls, it's hard to stay on track. All the worldly things cloud our vision and we lose sight as to what is truly important; spreading the Word of God.

We all know judging others is a no-no; who are we to judge others when we are imperfect perfect humans? We are perfect in God's eyes, but are imperfect as we are not impervious to error and mistakes. We like to compare this and that of others against one another and against ourselves, it's part of our nature, but that is not an excuse. Many people use it as an excuse to judge others and turn their noses up at those they deem lesser when they do not know them, have never walked a mile in their shoes, do not know their life situation, or anything else about them except what they assume.

I try my darndest to not judge others. Now and then I find myself doing the thing I dislike the most (judging) and am Thankful that I catch it, apologize to them (in my head) and to my Maker for doing something I have no business doing. That is His job, not mine. He will be the judge of All when the time comes, it's too big of a job for any measly human to do. I'll leave it up to Him, gladly, and ask for forgiveness when I catch myself passing unwanted or unwarranted judgements I have no right to make.

I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed morning. I'm off to wake up my husband and jam out to Lady GaGa :B

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful words for the soul here! Renee, what an amazing insight to the beauty within you. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings with such an open heart. God Bless.
    Cindy R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've judged my cousin for years because he was gay. I have a light bulb moment one day and realized that I don't have to know whether his lifestyle is right or wrong. I didn't need to war over my love for my cousin and feeling that his actions were wrong. So, I gave that up to God. And then I called my cousin and apologized for judging him on something I just could no understand. He forgave me, and it was the best feeling in the world.

    ReplyDelete