Knock, Knock!

Like any human, I fall off track sometimes when life becomes overwhelming and complicated; forgetting to seek Him and His amazing guidance only to grovel for His forgiveness in being absent to His presence. I am greatly rewarded by blessings of many different kind.

God does not forget me, or you, no matter what goes on or has happened in your life or the world. I hope these daily devotions can help others as much as they have helped me.

For anyone who may be reading this, please do not post comments (or try to) bashing myself or my religious beliefs. I am not out there seeking you out for your differences to try and debate them. I respect that everyone is different, everyone has different religions and beliefs and I completely respect them for that as they have that right. I have been down many different roads in my young life, and this is what I have chosen because I feel it with every beat of my heart. I just ask that it be respected.

Friday, July 15, 2011

July 14 & 15

July 14th

"KEEP WALKING with Me along the path I have chosen for you. Your desire to live close to me is a delight to My heart. I could instantly grant you the spiritual riches you desire, but that is not My way for you. Together we will forge a pathway up the high mountain. The journey is arduous at times, and you are weak. Someday you will dance lightfooted on the high peaks; but for now, your walk is often plodding and heavy. All I require of you is to take the next step, clinging to My hand for strength and direction. Though the path is difficult and the scenery dull at the moment, there are sparkling surprises just around the bend. Stay on the path I have selected for you. It is truly the path of Life."

Psalm 37:23; Psalm 23:2-3

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I love this! Life is not meant to be easy. Thanks to Adam and Eve? Eh, maybe, but I believe God saw that mishap coming anyway. I dislike reading and hearing people complain that God isn't real or this and that because if it were so and if He truly loved His children, there would be no poor, no murder, no this and that, but people fail to realize that those happenings are based off of a person's bad judgement and bad decision making. He can only do so much for us; He has given us Free Will to make the decisions we do, but we need to make them wisely and with His guidance. He wants us to pray and ask for that guidance, wants us to follow our paths. Yes, there will be bumps in the road. Yes, there will be high and lows, but we are not alone in any of those times! HE is there, raising us up in those good times, and holding our hands, there to help pull us out of the bad. We have to learn to make the correct decisions to better our lives, we cannot have Him do it for us; what is the learning and experience in that? That makes it too easy, too boring. Doing the best we can in this life using His guidance, will lead us to the shiny gates of Heaven. That is our reward and what an Awesome reward it is! There is no reward in easy, having everything handed to you on a silver platter. The reward has much more meaning when you have had to work through many different circumstances, good and bad, to reach that goal. We have to learn to trust in Him to guide us through the rough patches, to guide us through the dark towards the little light at the end of the tunnel. Only with Him, will we reach that ultimate reward.

---------------------------------------------------------------

July 15th

"DO NOT WORRY ABOUT TOMORROW! This is not a suggestion, but a command. I divided time into days and nights, so that you would have manageable portions of life to handle. amy grace is sufficient for you, but its sufficiency is for only one day at a time. When you worry about the future, you heap day upon day of troubles onto your flimsy frame. You stagger under this heavy load, which I never intended you to carry.

Throw off this oppressive burden with one quick thrust of trust. Anxious thoughts meander about and crisscross in your brain, but trusting Me brings you directly into My Presence. As you thus affirm your faith, shackles of worry fall off instantly. My Presence continually by trusting Me at all times."

Matthew 6:34; 2 Corinthians 12:9

------------------------------------------------------------

I love this one too! While it's not the same scripture listed at the end of today's devotional, it is close by and part of it, haha. It is one that always sticks with me and I love that it does. I used to be a huge worry wort about the littlest, most petty things. SO not worth it! My mom gave me this scripture a LONG time ago:


Matthew 6:25-34

New International Version (NIV)
Do Not Worry
    25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]?
Momma would tell me to speak my worries to Him. Pretend/visualize putting them into a bucket or into His hands, and handing them over to watch Him reel His arm back like a baseball pitcher, and throw it to the furthest galaxy only to have it explode into nothing. He takes your worries and rids you of them. Doing so always makes my shoulders, mind, and heart feel much lighter and less crowded; giving me more free space and thoughts to dedicate to Him and being in His Presence.

How awesome is that?! Any time I catch myself worrying about anything (which I have gotten good at now), I stop myself, empty it out on Him, and He demolishes it. Win-Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment