Knock, Knock!

Like any human, I fall off track sometimes when life becomes overwhelming and complicated; forgetting to seek Him and His amazing guidance only to grovel for His forgiveness in being absent to His presence. I am greatly rewarded by blessings of many different kind.

God does not forget me, or you, no matter what goes on or has happened in your life or the world. I hope these daily devotions can help others as much as they have helped me.

For anyone who may be reading this, please do not post comments (or try to) bashing myself or my religious beliefs. I am not out there seeking you out for your differences to try and debate them. I respect that everyone is different, everyone has different religions and beliefs and I completely respect them for that as they have that right. I have been down many different roads in my young life, and this is what I have chosen because I feel it with every beat of my heart. I just ask that it be respected.

Friday, July 22, 2011

July 22

Hey friends! I apologize for getting behind. Sometimes when I read the daily devotion, nothing really comes to me to write about until later. However, I realized, for you all, I should still at least post that day's devotion so it can still help and relate to your life, even if it doesn't for me at the moment. So, again, I sincerely apologize for not doing my part. Love you all!

July 22

"FIND FREEDOM through seeking to please me above all else. You can have only one Master.When you let others' expectations drive you, you scatter your energy to the winds. Your own desire to look good can also drain your energy. I am your Master, and I do not drive you to be what you are not. Your pretense displeases Me, especially when it is in My "service." Concentrate on staying close to Me at all times. It is impossible to be inauthentic while you are focusing on My Presence."

Ephesians 5:8-10; Matthew 23:8; Matthew 6:1

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This should have been Wednesday's devotional, lol. But maybe I wasn't meant to realize its meaning for me until the day after.

All too often throughout life, friends, but most especially family, are always pushing you to do one thing or another--go one way or another in your life. To accomplish their dreams, goals, and ambitions for you, when it is YOUR life planned out for you by Him. As much as I respect my parents' and family's wishes for what I should do with my life, it is my own to make my decisions--good and bad, by asking for His direction and guidance. Recently, I openly spoke to one of my parents about my husband and I wanting to try and conceive a baby...next year when he returns from his deployment. I was told, "NO!! Wait until you're 30. Please...trust me on this." I completely understand their concerns as they look back on their own life and wish they would have waited a bit longer. However, just because we want to start trying, doesn't mean it's going to happen right away. I've been praying for direction and guidance from Him. While my husband and I have our plans, we don't know what His are, I am praying it works out the best way possible. It is what we want as a couple. While I will take family/friends suggestions into consideration, it is our life and we feel ready (as ready as you "can" be considering bringing another human into the world, lol), have talked about it extensively and are financially able to. We're not doing it because it's "the next step" or anything, because it's what our hearts are telling us is right.

On Wednesday, I had a bit of a downer day, because of what said family member said. Person has known to be negative in my life previously, though has gotten a lot better. I understand they just want what is best for me and my life, but I am an adult, married, and able to make such decisions wisely. It was just kind of a downer moment, so I prayed, as I have been praying--for guidance. Having that person's .02 in made me second guess, "Should we wait? Are we doing the right thing? Are we jumping the gun?" Even more-so since we already picked out a crib, bedding, stroller, bouncy chair, and a few other things...Gave me a few minutes of panic, so I prayed again, asking for guidance and I felt relaxed and calm--at peace. Haha, I can cry typing that, but it's true. A feeling of contentment washed over me. I gave Him my anxiety and worry, I was 'real' with Him in His Presence and He blessed me with His peaceful Spirit.

Our lives are a gift from above. What we do with that gift is up to us, but not alone. We have the ability to ask for guidance from the One who made us, the One that knows all--what a better person to ask for help when we need it most?

No comments:

Post a Comment