Knock, Knock!

Like any human, I fall off track sometimes when life becomes overwhelming and complicated; forgetting to seek Him and His amazing guidance only to grovel for His forgiveness in being absent to His presence. I am greatly rewarded by blessings of many different kind.

God does not forget me, or you, no matter what goes on or has happened in your life or the world. I hope these daily devotions can help others as much as they have helped me.

For anyone who may be reading this, please do not post comments (or try to) bashing myself or my religious beliefs. I am not out there seeking you out for your differences to try and debate them. I respect that everyone is different, everyone has different religions and beliefs and I completely respect them for that as they have that right. I have been down many different roads in my young life, and this is what I have chosen because I feel it with every beat of my heart. I just ask that it be respected.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

July 7

July 7

"TRUST ME IN ALL YOUR THOUGHTS. I know that some thoughts are unconscious or semiconscious, and I do not hold you responsible for those. But you can direct conscious thoughts much more than you may realize. Practice thinking in certain ways--trusting Me, thanking me--and those thoughts become more natural. Reject negative or sinful thoughjts as soon as you become aware of them. Don't try to hide them from Me; confess them and leave them with me. Go on your way lightheartedly. This method of controlling your thoughts will keep your mind in My Presence and your fee on the path of peace."

Psalm 20:7; 1 John 1:9; Luke 1:79

------------------------------------------------------------

Good Morning Everyone! I can't believe it's Thursday already! This week has just flown by it seems.

After reading today's devotional, I couldn't help but smile. It's nice to be reminded that you aren't held accountable for your unconscious thoughts or semi-conscious ones. Because I have some pretty whacked out dreams sometimes and I wake up feeling slightly guilty for them--wondering if they have any meaning, lol. Who can seriously be held accountable for what they dream though, since it's out of our control? Thankfully we need not worry about them. We have no control over it, but when you do catch yourself thinking something mean-spirited or negative, you'd better be sayin' sorry! That's one of the things I'm pretty good about. I feel horrible when I catch myself and always make a point to apologize to my Maker for thinking such a thing. Even if it's funny =\

There are things have gone through my head while thinking, the most random thoughts, and I try so dang hard to push them aside because either 1.) they are irrelevant and/or 2.) it's not a nice thought. To me, that is the devil pecking away at my consciousness and trying to play with my mind, to think negatively or mean-spirited..and when I catch myself, I always apologize to Him and ask for forgiveness. We all do that, I believe it is absolutely normal to think such things and struggle with it, it's like a constant tug-o-war for our minds. It's such a hard battle, but that's why we need to remember the supreme Chuck Norris Bad A** we have on our side: God. He's the ultimate butt-kicker of evil and will vanquish such negativity from our minds and lives. It's not permanent but He is always there, ready to round-house kick the devil to the curb when he's acting a fool (By the way, yes I really to talk like this) and ready to protect us at all costs. The War between Heaven and Hell are constantly at bay, and asking for His help should always be a priority. He wants to help, He wants us in His Presence so we are better shielded by the negativity and evil the devil sets in our path. We have to reach up and take God's hand and follow His light through the path He has set for us.  It may have some obstacles along the way, but we can get through it with Him.

That's most of my thoughts for today. I hope everyone has a wonderful day today!

1 comment:

  1. Great post today Renee! I don't often voice my negative thoughts or judgements as I don't want to hurt to people's feelings, but I know I'm sure guilty of thinking them sometimes. It's definitely something I struggle with too and it's soooo easy to be lead off the path by that! Hope you have a great day xoxo!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete