Knock, Knock!

Like any human, I fall off track sometimes when life becomes overwhelming and complicated; forgetting to seek Him and His amazing guidance only to grovel for His forgiveness in being absent to His presence. I am greatly rewarded by blessings of many different kind.

God does not forget me, or you, no matter what goes on or has happened in your life or the world. I hope these daily devotions can help others as much as they have helped me.

For anyone who may be reading this, please do not post comments (or try to) bashing myself or my religious beliefs. I am not out there seeking you out for your differences to try and debate them. I respect that everyone is different, everyone has different religions and beliefs and I completely respect them for that as they have that right. I have been down many different roads in my young life, and this is what I have chosen because I feel it with every beat of my heart. I just ask that it be respected.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

July 13

July 13

"I WANT YOU to experience the riches of your salvation: the Joy of being loved constantly and unconditionally. You make a practice of judging yourself, based on how you look or behave or feel. If you like what you see in the mirror, you feel a bit more worthy of My Love. When things are going smoothly and your performance seems adequate, you find it easier to believe you are My beloved child. When you feel discouraged, you tend to look inward so you can correct whatever is wrong.

Instead of trying to "fix" yourself, fix your gaze on Me, the Lover of your soul. Rather than using your energy to judge yourself, direct it to praising Me. Remember that I see you clothed in My righteousness, radiant in My perfect Love."

Ephesians 2:7-8; Hebrews 3:1; Psalm 34:5

----------------------------------------------------------------------------


How incredibly true! When life gets us down, we blame ourselves and think poorly of ourselves inside and bringing all that negativity in our lives will only make matters worse. If we look up and praise Him, letting Him inside...it raises us up too, it let's that positivity and His Spirit cleanse our souls and our way-of-thinking. All we have to do, is turn to Him. He created us and He loves us, no matter what is going on in our lives, no matter what we have done. It may upset Him, but he still loves us and wants to raise us to be in His Presence, no matter what. We are His creation and we are perfect to Him.

I know how it feels to look inside and not be happy with myself. It has happened numerous times in my life. I was miserable and depressed, self-loathing and filled with bitterness because I was not happy on the inside. I didn't understand why. I had a wonderful family who gives love and support unconditionally, I had a good job, food on the table, a roof over my head, animals who was always there for me, amazing friends who just being with them took away some of those negative feelings..but only for a little bit. It was just slapping a bandaid on in hopes it would soon heal and go away.

Lightbulb! I had turned my back on Jesus. I had fallen off the tracks, yet again. I had forgotten to turn to Him when I was in my darkest cloud, so completely overwhelmed by everything; yet I had so much! Worldly "things" are just "things." They are not enough to placate our soul. I opened my arms and asked for forgiveness. Apologizing for forgetting about Him; asking to fill my heart and soul with His Holy Spirit. Being in His Presence like that is overwhelming in a different way. In a filling way. In a positive and energizing type of light. I felt whole again, free again, Happy again. Relief and His Love overpowers even the darkest clouds, the darkest thoughts, the deepest hurts. His Spirit washes it all away and leaves only His Love and Spirit.

Going to a shrink may help us gain another perspective on our lives and try to help us "fix" ourselves, but how can we not seek the One who created us in the first place? The One who knows us inside and out, the BEST person, the Best mechanic for the job? He specializes in correct fixing that starts with our heart and soul and giving to Him, entrusting Him to lead us down the correct path. What better person to guide us than the One who made us who and what we are? He is the expert. Not a shrink, not a doctor... No one can prescribe The Holy Spirit but Him.

1 comment:

  1. Again, WOW! AMAZING! I've got to start looking at myself as Jesus' and therefore perfect!

    ReplyDelete