Knock, Knock!

Like any human, I fall off track sometimes when life becomes overwhelming and complicated; forgetting to seek Him and His amazing guidance only to grovel for His forgiveness in being absent to His presence. I am greatly rewarded by blessings of many different kind.

God does not forget me, or you, no matter what goes on or has happened in your life or the world. I hope these daily devotions can help others as much as they have helped me.

For anyone who may be reading this, please do not post comments (or try to) bashing myself or my religious beliefs. I am not out there seeking you out for your differences to try and debate them. I respect that everyone is different, everyone has different religions and beliefs and I completely respect them for that as they have that right. I have been down many different roads in my young life, and this is what I have chosen because I feel it with every beat of my heart. I just ask that it be respected.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

July 6

July 6

"I AM  YOUR FATHER-GOD. Listen to Me! Learn what it means to be a child of the everlasting King. Your richest duty is devotion to Me. This duty is such a joyous privilege that it feels like a luxury. You tend to feel guilty about pushing back the boundaries of your life to make space for time alone with Me. The world is waiting to squeeze you into its mold and to crowd out time devoted to Me. The ways of the world have also warped your conscience, which punishes you for doing the very thing that pleases Me most: seeking My Face. Listen to Me above the clamor of voices trying to distract you. Ask for My Spirit to calm your mind, for He and I work in perfect harmony. Be still and attentive in My Presence. You are on holy ground."

Romans 8:15-16; Exodus 3:5

----------------------------------------------

Good morning everyone!

When I first read today's devotion, I didn't know what I would write about today. It didn't really "hit" me like they do most days and I think to myself, "OH MY GOSH It's like today's was meant exactly for ME because X,Y,Z, is going on right now and it's reminding me to do this or that."

I have my longtime friend (since Elementary school--no doubt!), Caitlin, to thank for giving me the inspiration and meaning to write about today's devotional.

In her comment to one of my previous entries, she at one point mentioned how she clings to Him when times are tough, but forgets to cling, connect, and talk with Him during the good times. And that made me realize how I do the same thing. I'm sure many of us do, and then we feel horrible. It's like when you're in a relationship and times are bad, you talk to all your friends and family about it for advice, but then when things are good you hardly speak with them. Pretty selfish, and I had previously (a looong time ago) wondered why it felt like I didn't have any friends. Oh I did, but when it was convenient for me. Luckily and Thankfully I still have many who have stuck by me through those times, it has really shown me who my true friends are...because they were able to forgive. Just like God forgives us each time we come back to him...even if it's under negative circumstances. He always welcomes us back with open and loving arms. Love isn't about convenience. It is about love, respect, honoring one-another, COMMUNICATION, and trust. Sometimes it boggles my mind how our Father can trust us after the way we have continued to hurt him when we've turned our backs and pushed him aside because the worldly things in life are really good. I have to remember to INCLUDE Him in that and give Thanks for providing the blessings in the first place! Had it not been for Him showering us with blessings, we would have no reason to be joyous.

I have come to love and look forward to reading and writing about the day's devotion. It gives me that time with Him, to reflect on what it is He is telling me, reminding me, demanding of me and to remember to include Him in Everything that I do. The good and the bad. That is part of any relationship, sticking together through the ups and the downs. Crying together in the bad, and laughing together in the good.

I like talking to Him as I'm drifting off to bed. That is my favorite time, but I feel bad because then I start rambling about the weirdest things that would only make sense to Him anyway, hahahaha! I can just see Him chuckling and laughing at me while I'm trying to stay focused on givings thanks and asking that He bless and protect my husband, to wrap him in His love and fill his heart with His Spirit. Praying for my friends, religious ones and not, and asking that He also fill their hearts. I go from that to thinking about the most random things. I am certain I was talking with Him (in my head) so much last night that I ended up talking in my sleep; my husband woke me up or responded to me at one point and I said something along the lines of, "I'm just dreaming...and talking in my sleep. Nothing." Poor thing, hahaha!

Another time I like talking with Him, is when I'm driving. I sing along to some songs and have a conversation with Him at the same time in my head; sometimes out-loud as well. I have so much free time in the car since it takes 1/2 hour to and from the barn, it's the perfect time to reflect upon my morning, thoughts from the night before, happenings currently... and I can just feel the joy from His Spirit that I'm talking with Him and including Him. It really lifts you up when you lift Him up.

And remember in my previous blog I mentioned how we were handed a "crud" sandwich? Well, it really does matter and really does pay to hand over your worries and problems to God. The situation was fixed in our favor and I couldn't help but praise God when I heard the news. He took care of us, as promised; as He always has.  As soon as I handed over the worry and the problem, my anxiety and worry left, even most of the thoughts that pertained to the situation were gone, I had no feeling what-so-ever towards it... I was left with a peaceful feeling. TRUST in Him! For He does take care of you when you do.

And include Him in your daily life. The good times even more-so than the bad. He will ALWAYS be there for both, but don't let Him feel like the black sheep. It hurts Him just as it hurts us when we are the ones left out. When life is good, we need to remember to thank Him first. He is the one who makes it possible.

2 comments:

  1. I like your thoughts today :). I have thought about that many times. As I went through my trails in this marriage how I cried and prayed, and now it's good and how I don't still cling to Him now when I think is best to build our relationship with Him. Thanks Renee!

    'Tara'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving this blog Renee :) It helps remind me to spend daily time with the Lord as well! I'm so happy your crud sandwhich was fixed ;) Also, I speak to God while I'm driving all the time too LOL I've had some of the best conversations and enlightenments there with him!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete