Knock, Knock!

Like any human, I fall off track sometimes when life becomes overwhelming and complicated; forgetting to seek Him and His amazing guidance only to grovel for His forgiveness in being absent to His presence. I am greatly rewarded by blessings of many different kind.

God does not forget me, or you, no matter what goes on or has happened in your life or the world. I hope these daily devotions can help others as much as they have helped me.

For anyone who may be reading this, please do not post comments (or try to) bashing myself or my religious beliefs. I am not out there seeking you out for your differences to try and debate them. I respect that everyone is different, everyone has different religions and beliefs and I completely respect them for that as they have that right. I have been down many different roads in my young life, and this is what I have chosen because I feel it with every beat of my heart. I just ask that it be respected.

Monday, July 11, 2011

July 11

July 11

"WORSHIP ME ONLY. Idolatry has always been the downfall of My people. I make no secrets about being a jealous God. Current idols are more subtle than ancient ones, because today's false gods are often outside the field of religion. People, possessions, status, and self-aggrandize-ment are some of the most popular deities today. Beware of bowing down before these things. False gods never satisfy; instead, they stiru up lust for more and more.

When you seek me instead of the world's idols, you experience My Joy and Peace. these intangibles slack the thirst of your soul. providing deep satisfaction. The glitter of the world is tinny and temporal. The Light of My Presence is brilliant and everlasting. Walk in the Light with me. Thus you become a beacon through whom others are drawn to Me.

Exodus 20:4-5; 2 Samuel 22:29

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

How many times do we see ourselves feeling or thinking, "GAAAH! I need this or that" or "OMGosh that is so awesome, I have to have that!" and get so caught up thinking about the things we think we need or want? ALL.THE.TIME. Husband and I knowingly do this and have to rein ourselves back in, lol. We all get so caught up with the worldly things, they are so tempting, how could we not! Thankfully, I have learned to really rationalize needs vs. wants...and especially now that Dave and I are wanting to really start a family of our own, we have to be cost effective.

The best thing I ever read, was in one of my books: "Prayers for your Marriage." It's a great book with a bunch of prayers containing everything from money issues, to other relationship issues, concerns, etc., and one part I will not forget was in the money issues part. Every time you get a paycheck or some kind of money from who-knows where.. Stop. Pray about it. Thank Jesus for giving you the means to obtain the money you have. Thank Him for giving you the funds and pray, asking for His help and guidance in spending His money wisely.

It isn't OUR money to spend. Sure, we've earned it, but who gave us the means to earn it? He did. Give thanks and appreciation. Pray for guidance. It TRULY helps! It has helped us a lot. Though we've gone off the tracks by letting the worldly things cloud our judgement when we have gotten a large sum of money in..and then it's gone. We rationalize it logically by how we spent it. For the most part, it is true. However, we should have prayed about it and given thanks and asked for help in guiding our spending ways so we spend the given money wisely. Sure, our house is more furnished now and we have a few nice things, but at what appreciation and what cost? We have kicked ourselves and I have thought inwardly how selfish we were.

The few times we have gotten money recently (besides David's paychecks), I have prayed and asked for guidance. It turns out, I didn't even spend it on the thing that I had wanted for a while (new phone) and ended up holding on to it "just in case"...and it came in handy! Although,  I will admit, I felt selfish and didn't want to use/spend it on xyz but had to. Humble Pie!! Then I was blessed with funds after finally selling my saddle. He does work, in His own way and His own time on His terms...not mine. I am grateful and thankful that He had me hold onto it because He knew something else was going to come up that would need taken care of. He knows better than I do, who am I to question that?

He is so amazing and always takes care of us!

1 comment:

  1. Amen... ive been trying to talk to my mom about her finances because she buys stuff she does not need n then stresses over how she will pay her bills i think her reading this will help. Thankyou for letteing God use you because you never know the people you will help. God bless.

    ReplyDelete