Knock, Knock!

Like any human, I fall off track sometimes when life becomes overwhelming and complicated; forgetting to seek Him and His amazing guidance only to grovel for His forgiveness in being absent to His presence. I am greatly rewarded by blessings of many different kind.

God does not forget me, or you, no matter what goes on or has happened in your life or the world. I hope these daily devotions can help others as much as they have helped me.

For anyone who may be reading this, please do not post comments (or try to) bashing myself or my religious beliefs. I am not out there seeking you out for your differences to try and debate them. I respect that everyone is different, everyone has different religions and beliefs and I completely respect them for that as they have that right. I have been down many different roads in my young life, and this is what I have chosen because I feel it with every beat of my heart. I just ask that it be respected.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

July 28

July 28th


"LET MY LOVE seep into the inner recess of your being. Do not close off any part of yourself to Me. I know you inside and out, so do not try to  present a "clean-up" self to Me. Wounds that you shut away from the Light of My Love will fester and become wormy. Secret sins that you "hide" from Me can split off and develop lives of their own, controlling you without your realizing it.

Open yourself fully to My transforming Presence. Let My brilliant Love-Light search out and destroy hidden fears. This process requires time alone with Me, as My Love soaks into your innermost being. Enjoy My Perfect Love, which expels every trace of fear."

Psalm 139:23-24; 1 John 4:18 (AMP)

------------------------------------------------------------

How easy is it for us to hide things from our spouses, family members, and friends? Too incredibly easy. It may not be something "bad" but just things we wish not to share with them; it may hurt them, make them angry with us, sadden them, etc., and we would feel shame for making them feel anything negative. So we hide from them. For whatever reason.

No matter what we do, what we say, how we try to justify our lives and actions, we cannot run from our Lord. He knows All. He knows our innermost secrets, our darkest sins, our private thoughts...all before we even commit them to our lives. We cannot hide who we really are to Him. We can try to pretend, "Oh well I meant it like this or that" and justify ourselves... HAHAHHAHAA. What a crock of bull! And YOU know it! You know it in the back of your head while you're spilling your BS excuses to Jesus. He just shakes His head, you know. I can see it when I spill my own BS to Him. I've finally learned to catch myself, shake my head and just ask for His forgiveness. He knows better. I don't.

All He wants, is a piece of it. He wants us to own up to those things to Him. Confess, come to Him, ask for forgiveness, for guidance, for love, for support, for help...for whatever we may need to continue on the path He has set before us. There is NO hiding when it comes to Jesus. Running from Him would be like running an endless marathon; so tiring, so exhausting, when He is the answer. Drop down and give all to Him and He will refresh us endlessly.

Life is scary. But it doesn't have to be. It is frustrating. But it doesn't have to be.

Today I was frustrated that our new way of balancing our checkbook had a few kinks in it. LOL! Of all things to get frustrated with! I wasn't worried, even if we'd spent a bit more than we would have liked. Those extra bills (the quarterly ones) creep up on you sometimes and can be overwhelming---but only if you let it ;) The drive home helped me speak with Him and clear my head, get rid of that frustration enough to apologize to my husband for snapping at him and taking that frustration out at him. It just showed me that there are some flaws in our new system that needs to be worked on. And we will :) There is plenty of time. I just ask and pray for guidance...and I do not worry. I was never worried, how ever little we may ever have in our account.

I have learned over the years that money is petty. You can't take it with you when you die, so why worry about it so much now? Oh, sure we need it to live and survive in this world, but if we pray and put Him first, include Him in our lives, He will make sure we are well taken care of. It may be at the last minute sometimes, but He is the best Knight in shining armor a person could ever ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment