Knock, Knock!

Like any human, I fall off track sometimes when life becomes overwhelming and complicated; forgetting to seek Him and His amazing guidance only to grovel for His forgiveness in being absent to His presence. I am greatly rewarded by blessings of many different kind.

God does not forget me, or you, no matter what goes on or has happened in your life or the world. I hope these daily devotions can help others as much as they have helped me.

For anyone who may be reading this, please do not post comments (or try to) bashing myself or my religious beliefs. I am not out there seeking you out for your differences to try and debate them. I respect that everyone is different, everyone has different religions and beliefs and I completely respect them for that as they have that right. I have been down many different roads in my young life, and this is what I have chosen because I feel it with every beat of my heart. I just ask that it be respected.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 5

July 5

"DRAW NEAR TO ME with a thankful heart, aware that your cup is overflowing with blessings. Gratitude enables you to perceive Me more clearly and to rejoice in our love-relationship. Nothing can separate you from My loving Presence! That is the basis of your security. Whenever you start to feel anxious, remind yourself that your security rests in Me alone, and I am totally trustworthy.

You will never be in control of your life circumstances, but you can relax and trust in My control. Instead of striving for a predictable, safe lifestyle, seek to know Me in greater depth and breadth. I long to make your life a glorious adventure, but you must stop clinging to old ways. I am always doing something new within My beloved ones. Be on the lookout for all that I have prepared for you.

Romans 8:38-39; Psalm 56:3; Isaiah 43:19
--------------------------------------------

Good Morning! I hope everyone had a safe but joyful 4th of July celebration yesterday!

I had to read the above devotional a few times. Not because I didn't understand it, but I had to draw it into my heart. It's funny how I can open up my Jesus Calling book for that day, read it, and it fits to my exact situations. It's like God knows I need to read this, that I need to bring it into my heart, and trust in Him.

It feels as though, in the last couple of months, that my husband and I have been greatly tested. Last night, we were handed another dirt sandwich (though that isn't the term I would actually use, just sayin'), which we already figured was a huge probability, but the fact that it may interfere with his deployment deflated our plans and hopes to start building a family, start having children when Dave returns from his deployment early next year. It will push those plans back further, and that just kills me. While I was angry and upset, I calmly reminded myself to let God do the worrying. If this happens, then there must be other plans He has in store for us. It could be some more hardships, it could be an amazing blessing, or both in and of itself. We don't know and I decided to not worry about it. I closed my eyes and pictured myself putting all these worries and negative feelings into a tupperware container, of some sort (you can tell I'm a stay-at-home-wife, eh?), duct taped the lid onto it, and handed it over to God, placing it into His trustworthy hands. I know we can trust Him. He has always taken care of us before, why would He stop? He wouldn't because He loves us and has plans in store for us; our plans do not matter. Just like to the military, haha, they don't care about our plans. God cares, but his are more important and He has it set up a certain way that will rain blessings upon us, because He loves us. The military doesn't love us, doesn't have our best interests at heart and I don't trust in them the way I trust in God.

We can trust in God and in God we trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment