Knock, Knock!

Like any human, I fall off track sometimes when life becomes overwhelming and complicated; forgetting to seek Him and His amazing guidance only to grovel for His forgiveness in being absent to His presence. I am greatly rewarded by blessings of many different kind.

God does not forget me, or you, no matter what goes on or has happened in your life or the world. I hope these daily devotions can help others as much as they have helped me.

For anyone who may be reading this, please do not post comments (or try to) bashing myself or my religious beliefs. I am not out there seeking you out for your differences to try and debate them. I respect that everyone is different, everyone has different religions and beliefs and I completely respect them for that as they have that right. I have been down many different roads in my young life, and this is what I have chosen because I feel it with every beat of my heart. I just ask that it be respected.

Friday, July 29, 2011

July 29

July 29th

"COME TO ME CONTINUALLY. I am meant to be the Center of your consciousness, the Anchor of your soul. Your mind will wonder from Me, but the question is how far you allow it to wander. An anchor on a short rope lets a boat drift only slightly before the taut line tugs the boat back toward the center. Similarly, as you drift away from Me, My Spirit within you gives a tug, prompting you to return to Me. As you become increasingly attuned to My Presence, the length of rope on your soul's Anchor is shortened. You wander only a short distance before feeling that inner tug--telling you to return to your true Center in Me."

Hebrews 6:19; 1 John 2:28; Matthew 22:37

 ---------------------------------------------------

This one made me smile too. Tug-tug!

It reminded me of the times at night or early in the morning when I'm waking up or starting to drift off to sleep and I'm having one of my many conversations with Jesus. I start drifting to one other thing or another that has absolutely nothing to do with our conversation...then "tug-tug." It reminds me of Sox pushing her toy at me when she wants attention; God does the same thing. "Tug-tug, get back over here miss!" It makes me giggle but makes me feel so loved too! He wants my attention that badly and it's really nice to know that even though there are times when I feel as though I have drifted too far, that He is always there to pull me back to Him again <3 And the closer we become, the less distance I am able to drift..

No comments:

Post a Comment