Knock, Knock!

Like any human, I fall off track sometimes when life becomes overwhelming and complicated; forgetting to seek Him and His amazing guidance only to grovel for His forgiveness in being absent to His presence. I am greatly rewarded by blessings of many different kind.

God does not forget me, or you, no matter what goes on or has happened in your life or the world. I hope these daily devotions can help others as much as they have helped me.

For anyone who may be reading this, please do not post comments (or try to) bashing myself or my religious beliefs. I am not out there seeking you out for your differences to try and debate them. I respect that everyone is different, everyone has different religions and beliefs and I completely respect them for that as they have that right. I have been down many different roads in my young life, and this is what I have chosen because I feel it with every beat of my heart. I just ask that it be respected.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

July 19

July 19th

"BRING ME ALL YOUR FEELINGS, even the ones you wish you didn't have. Fear and anxiety still plague you. Feelings per se are not sinful, but they can be temptations to sin. Blazing missiles of fear fly at you day and night; these attacks from the evil one come at you relentlessly. Use your shield of faith to extinguish those flaming arrows. Affirm your trust in Me, regardless of how you feel. If you persist, your feelings will eventually fall in line with your faith.

Do not hide from your fear or pretend it isn't there. Anxiety that you hide in the recesses of your heart will give birth to fear of fear; a monstrous stepchild. Bring your anxieties out into the Light of My Presence, where we can deal with them together. Concentrate on trusting Me, and fearfulness will gradually lose its foothold within you."

Ephesians 6:16

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Reading this reminded me how it is okay to be vulnerable and pour everything out to Him instead of keeping everything bottled up inside. For the longest time, I wanted to please everyone and would bite my tongue and hold my true feelings back, letting them bottle up inside. I never really understood how unhealthy that was. Sure, I would talk with my friends about certain things here or there, but those were the surface issues, feelings, anxiety that I was feeling. It only scraped off that first layer. Never did it take care of the root of it all.

Until I gave my heart and life to Jesus did I truly understand how it feels to be de-rooted of all that negative energy, thoughts, and feelings that had been built up over years of bottled up emotions, feelings, thoughts, and abuse that I put myself through and that others have put me through. Never have I felt so...free and so full of positivity, trust, love, and understanding for others and most importantly, for Jesus.

Just because I have Him in my life and have Him there to guide me, doesn't mean that I am completely protected. I get constant attacks from the bad one, daily. Half the time it feels as though I am fighting with myself and I don't even realize it. Those mean little thoughts that enter my head can grab hold of my thoughts and if I don't catch it in time, it makes its way into action. If/when I do catch it, I pray and shout out for Jesus, for Him to help me, to block the devil and his evil from entering my mind and my thoughts, to help protect me against the evil. And Holy Cheeze it sure works! I am able to be care-free again, but I constantly need to remind myself that I have to be on guard as well. I cannot be as care-free as I want to be. There are attacks happening all the time and it's up to me to stop it by asking for His help and protection. When we lose control of it, is when the dark spiral starts taking place again. We need to learn to recognize when it is happening in order to put a stop to it.

No one likes feeling anxious, or anything negative. Present Him with your feelings, anxieties, problems. Go over them with Him, let it out all. He is the best therapist/psychiatrist in existence. He is there to take those feelings and emotions and replace them with His everlasting Spirit and Love. Trust in Him to do His job.

1 comment: