Knock, Knock!

Like any human, I fall off track sometimes when life becomes overwhelming and complicated; forgetting to seek Him and His amazing guidance only to grovel for His forgiveness in being absent to His presence. I am greatly rewarded by blessings of many different kind.

God does not forget me, or you, no matter what goes on or has happened in your life or the world. I hope these daily devotions can help others as much as they have helped me.

For anyone who may be reading this, please do not post comments (or try to) bashing myself or my religious beliefs. I am not out there seeking you out for your differences to try and debate them. I respect that everyone is different, everyone has different religions and beliefs and I completely respect them for that as they have that right. I have been down many different roads in my young life, and this is what I have chosen because I feel it with every beat of my heart. I just ask that it be respected.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

8 September

"ACCEPT EACH DAY exactly as it comes to you. By that, I mean not only the circumstance of your day but also the condition of your body. Your assignment is to trust Me absolutely, resting in My sovereignty and faithfulness.

On some days, your circumstance and your physical condition feel out of balance: the demands on you seem far greater than your strength. Days like that present a choice between two alternatives--giving up or relying on Me. Even if you wrongly choose the first alternative, I will not reject you. You can turn to Me at any point, and I will help you crawl out of the mire of discouragement. I will infuse My strength into you moment by moment, giving you all that you need for this day. Trust Me, by relying on My empowering Presence."

Psalm 42:5; 2 Corinthians 13:4; Jeremiah 31:25

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what I get for not reading my devotionals in the morning! Shame on me. I would have learned this lesson sooner had I read it before now. I had an incident at the barn today. I went out to ride around 11:30am (so a lot later than usual but I used to ride around that time a lot) and nearly threw up and fainted while washing my horse after our ride. I was doubled over, panting and trying to breath, when I stood up, I was dizzy and then felt all the energy and just...everything drain out of me while I continued to try and curry my horse's coat. I took off my hat and wet my hair with the cold water...and it seemed to help. Took a few good gulps from the hose as well (though I had been drinking water throughout the morning), and it also helped..but just for a few minutes. I continued to wash the shampoo off of my horse the best I could, while taking breaks and trying to breath, before I gave up and went and sat in my Barn Owner's A/C'd office for about 20min to cool down. I felt a lot better and finally was able to breath after some praying. I finished up with my horse and went home.. but I still do not feel so great. So incredibly drained.. though I had to go back into town to let a friend's dogs out and to feed them. So so tired.. bedtime I think.

1 comment:

  1. No shame in Jesus! Praise the Lord that you didn't have a worse incident! Even if you wrongly choose the first alternative, He will not reject you.

    ReplyDelete