Knock, Knock!

Like any human, I fall off track sometimes when life becomes overwhelming and complicated; forgetting to seek Him and His amazing guidance only to grovel for His forgiveness in being absent to His presence. I am greatly rewarded by blessings of many different kind.

God does not forget me, or you, no matter what goes on or has happened in your life or the world. I hope these daily devotions can help others as much as they have helped me.

For anyone who may be reading this, please do not post comments (or try to) bashing myself or my religious beliefs. I am not out there seeking you out for your differences to try and debate them. I respect that everyone is different, everyone has different religions and beliefs and I completely respect them for that as they have that right. I have been down many different roads in my young life, and this is what I have chosen because I feel it with every beat of my heart. I just ask that it be respected.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

22 September

"TRUST ME AND REFUSE TO WORRY, for I am your Strength and Song. You are feeling wobbly this morning, looking at difficult times looming ahead, measuring them against your own strength. However, they are not today's tasks--or even tomorrow's. So leave them in the future and come home to the present, where you will find Me waiting for you. Since I am your Strength, I can empower you to handle each task as it comes. Because I am your Song, I can give you Joy as you work alongside Me.

Keep bringing your mind back to the present moment. Among all My creatures, only humans can anticipate future events. This ability isa  blessing, but it becomes a curse whenever it is misused. If you use your magnificent mind to worry about tomorrow, you cloak yourself in dark unbelief. However, when the hope of heaven fills your thoughts, the Light of My Presence envelops you. Though heaven is future, it is also present tense. As you walk in the Light with Me, you have one foot on earth and one foot in heaven."

Exodus 15:2; 2 Corinthians 10:5; Hebrews 10:23

9 comments:

  1. today my brother was having surgery and I just happened to read my daily devotion out of Jesus calling and I cried

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the name of this book?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was perfect for me today - just found out my son and his girlfriend are having a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this as tears are streaming down my face, with many worries about the future. I will try to release them and look only on today and the Light of His Presence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Future business worries. Not anymore! Thank you Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome devotion, words of encouragement for all who are going through trials of our daily lives.
    So thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. my mom sent me this and it is so true. I'm away from home at my first year of college across the country and I definitely needed this reminder - feeling homesick always.

    ReplyDelete