Knock, Knock!

Like any human, I fall off track sometimes when life becomes overwhelming and complicated; forgetting to seek Him and His amazing guidance only to grovel for His forgiveness in being absent to His presence. I am greatly rewarded by blessings of many different kind.

God does not forget me, or you, no matter what goes on or has happened in your life or the world. I hope these daily devotions can help others as much as they have helped me.

For anyone who may be reading this, please do not post comments (or try to) bashing myself or my religious beliefs. I am not out there seeking you out for your differences to try and debate them. I respect that everyone is different, everyone has different religions and beliefs and I completely respect them for that as they have that right. I have been down many different roads in my young life, and this is what I have chosen because I feel it with every beat of my heart. I just ask that it be respected.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

July 31

July 31st

"TRUST ME in the depths of your being. It is there that I live in constant communion with you. When you feel fustered and frazzled on the outside, do not get upset with yourself. You are only human, and the swirl of events going on all around you will sometimes feel overwhelming. Rather than scolding yourself for your humanness, remind yourself that I am both with you and within you.

I am with you at all times, encouraging and supportive rather than condemning. I know that deep within you, where I live, My Peace is your continual experience. Slow down your pace of living for a time. Quiet your mind in My Presence. Then you will be able to hear Me bestowing the resurrection blessing: Peace be with you."

Colossians 1:27; Matthew 28:20; John 20:19

1 comment:

  1. I am becoming aware that your mind is the battlefield. I have known it for ages but not really taken it on board and tried to do something about it. Jesus says not to be conformed to this world but to be transformed by the renewal of your mind so that you can prove what is the good, perfect and acceptable will of God. If you are like me you try very hard to do it yourself and stop yourself thinking negative thoughts and living life based on the lies of your old self, that's when you get flustered and frazzled with no way out until you stop and talk to Jesus. Then you know that He has given you a quiet mind and we learn to walk in peace as our continual experience rather than our old obsessions. It's so easy to beat yourself up with your weaknesses - I shouldn't be like this but as Jesus says here we must not get upset with ourselves - we can turn immediately to Him as he knows our weaknesses and is well able to sympathise with us and that is why he is able to help us gain control when we give it all to him instead of uselessly trying to battle it all out by ourselves.

    I appreciate your blogging and that you are prepared to share with others, I have just been given the book Jesus Calling and have found it immensely useful. It is so helpful to know that others out there are also working at their relationship with Jesus. Val in Ilford, UK

    ReplyDelete