Knock, Knock!

Like any human, I fall off track sometimes when life becomes overwhelming and complicated; forgetting to seek Him and His amazing guidance only to grovel for His forgiveness in being absent to His presence. I am greatly rewarded by blessings of many different kind.

God does not forget me, or you, no matter what goes on or has happened in your life or the world. I hope these daily devotions can help others as much as they have helped me.

For anyone who may be reading this, please do not post comments (or try to) bashing myself or my religious beliefs. I am not out there seeking you out for your differences to try and debate them. I respect that everyone is different, everyone has different religions and beliefs and I completely respect them for that as they have that right. I have been down many different roads in my young life, and this is what I have chosen because I feel it with every beat of my heart. I just ask that it be respected.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

31 August

"GROW STRONG IN YOUR WEAKNESS. Some of My children I've gifted with abundant strength and stamina. Others, like you, have received the humble gift of frailty. Your fragility is not a punishment, nor does it indicate lack of faith. On the contrary, weak ones like you must walk by faith, depending on Me to get you through the day. I am developing your ability to trust Me, to lean on Me, rather than on your understanding. Your natural preference is to plan out your day, knowing what will happen when. My preference is for you to depend on Me continually, trusting Me to guide you and strengthen you as needed. This is how you grow strong in your weakness."

James 4:13-15; Isaiah 40:31

----------------------------------------------------------------

How funny that, reading this, reminded me of what I'm currently working on with my horse. She has been weak in her hind-end lately and has relied on laziness to not pick it up and move under herself. We have been working on this weakness for the last month or so, making it a main focus. Now she is doing better, relying on me to remind her to wake up, pay attention, and strengthen herself where she is weak.

How ironic that today's devotional reminded me to rely more on Him rather than myself or whatever plans I've set forth.

I remember as a kid, my mom would tell us that we can make all the plans in the world, that doesn't mean it's going to happen that way; we don't know what God's plans are for us and that He will interrupt our 'precious' plans for His more important ones. And while they sometimes put us in a bind or just plain ol' suck, it's a good reminder to lean on Him and rely on Him to help guide us through the plans He has laid out for us. He's the one who made them, who else would be a better guide but Him? Now, any time we try to make plans, we always account for the unexpected and make sure we recognize that our plans may change or not go the way we had wanted or planned them to.

What I've realized is a fail-safe, is to pray about the plans you're making. Pray and ask for His guidance when planning anything out--from your shopping list, for a conversation you're going to have, a trip you're going to take, paying bills when you get your paycheck... anything. It's better to ask Him and pray for His help, than ignore Him and keep Him in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment