Knock, Knock!

Like any human, I fall off track sometimes when life becomes overwhelming and complicated; forgetting to seek Him and His amazing guidance only to grovel for His forgiveness in being absent to His presence. I am greatly rewarded by blessings of many different kind.

God does not forget me, or you, no matter what goes on or has happened in your life or the world. I hope these daily devotions can help others as much as they have helped me.

For anyone who may be reading this, please do not post comments (or try to) bashing myself or my religious beliefs. I am not out there seeking you out for your differences to try and debate them. I respect that everyone is different, everyone has different religions and beliefs and I completely respect them for that as they have that right. I have been down many different roads in my young life, and this is what I have chosen because I feel it with every beat of my heart. I just ask that it be respected.

Friday, August 5, 2011

5 August

5th of August

"SIT QUIETLY IN MY PRESENCE while I bless you. Make your mind like a still pool of water, ready to receive whatever thoughts I drop into it. Rest in My sufficiency, as you consider the challenges this day presents. Do not ear yourself out by worrying about whether you can cope with the pressures. Keep looking to Me and communicating with Me, as we walk through this day together.

Take time to rest by the wayside, for I am not in a hurry. A leisurely ace accomplishes more than hurried striving. When you rush, you forget who you are and whose you are. Remember that you are royalty in My kingdom."

Psalm 37:7; Romans 8:16-17; 1 Peter 2:9

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

My favorite time of day are the times I sit and have conversations with God. I admit, I don't have them as often as I should, but when I'm driving alone to a destination, sitting at home, shopping for groceries... or doing any other errand, now and then I get a tug or a poke that prods me into conversation with Him. I know I need to make more attempts to do so on my own and usually what inspires those is when I drive home and see a magnificent sunset, see the sun hitting a cactus filled hill just right where the beauty of it just shines, see the storm clouds rolling in but the streaks of light bursting through them anyway... it's an easy conversation starter as I thank Him for sharing such beauty with me. It's like He is say, "LOOK! Look what I made for you!." And I feel so blessed and so happy that He has chosen me to share that with. I only hope, pray, and wish that others are also thanking Him in that moment and feeling as blessed as I do that they were also chosen for it to be shared with.

When we rush through our day, we forget to even pay attention to those little things He has put in front of us and we end up ignoring the gifts He shares and blesses with us daily. We put our blinders on and go head-first into our busy days. We need to remember to take those blinders off and slow things down; pray before each day starts and ask for His guidance to help us through the busy days...when we do that, He blesses us with time ....time to enjoy His blessings around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment