Knock, Knock!

Like any human, I fall off track sometimes when life becomes overwhelming and complicated; forgetting to seek Him and His amazing guidance only to grovel for His forgiveness in being absent to His presence. I am greatly rewarded by blessings of many different kind.

God does not forget me, or you, no matter what goes on or has happened in your life or the world. I hope these daily devotions can help others as much as they have helped me.

For anyone who may be reading this, please do not post comments (or try to) bashing myself or my religious beliefs. I am not out there seeking you out for your differences to try and debate them. I respect that everyone is different, everyone has different religions and beliefs and I completely respect them for that as they have that right. I have been down many different roads in my young life, and this is what I have chosen because I feel it with every beat of my heart. I just ask that it be respected.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

23 August

"ENTRUST YOUR LOVED ONES TO ME; releases them into My protective care. They are much safer with Me than in your clinging hands. If you let a loved one become an idol in your heart, you endanger that loved one--as well as yourself. Remember the extreme measures I used with Abraham and Isaac. I took Isaac to the very point of death to free Abraham from his son-worship. Both Abraham and Isaac suffered terribly because of the father's undisciplined emotions. I detest idolatry, even in the form of parental love.

When you release loved ones to Me, you are free to cling to My hand. As you entrust others into My care, I am free to shower blessings on them. My Presence will go with them wherever they go, and I will give them rest. This same Presence stays with you, as you relax and place your trust in Me. Watch to see what I will do."

Genesis 22:9-12; Ephesians 3:20; Exodus 33:14

---------------------------------------------------------------

As a military brat and now an AF wife, this really strikes close to home. While my husband and I haven't experienced a deployment together yet (but will soon--however, he's been numerous times before we met and married), I know how nerve wracking it can be for the spouses. I've heard the worries and the talk all my life, and even more now that I am a bit more involved in our tight-knit community. I feel for those other military spouses who do not have the luxury of having such an amazing group of women, as I do, for support, love, and friendship during these times. I have been incredibly blessed to be placed among these women, many who have been through many deployments. They're so strong, faithful, and cheerful... they bulldoze their way through the time and while for them it seems like forever, they go through it like a Boss.

As our deployment draws near, today's devotional is like a little post-it note, reminding me that I have to let go and let my worries be placed in Jesus's hands. He will do things His way and keep my husband in His heart while he is away from me. There is nothing I can do while he is over there, there is no sense in worrying about it. I've already told him, and a few others, that unless he's coming home, really sick, or the worst--dead--, I really do not want to know details about anything or the little things. I have to remind myself: no news is good news. It will be hard, that I am sure of, but any time I start worrying, I must give that worry over to The Lord for He is my husband's Guardian and Keeper.

For those that are reading, please keep my husband and his comrades in your prayers; along with all the other troops who are currently fighting for our freedoms.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so very much for sharing this. I read it to my Mom tonight on the phone and it helped her as well. We are trying to help my sister as she heals from an illness and this message is such a good reminder.
    Thank you for your kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone told me about this entry, and I thought how applicable it is to a mom letting go of their kids as they graduate from High School and leave the nest. I know I will probably memorize these verses as I continuously worry and release it over to God. Thanks for this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reading on Aug 23rd is so what I needed and re-read it quit often. My son James has been on drugs for several years. He moved to CA about a year ago and has been arrested 4 times for Drugs. He is homeless and more than likely on drugs again. Last time I talked with him he said he was in fear for his life. I haven't been able to sleep and feel like I am going to lose my mind. But this devotion has helped me to let go and let God. Everyday is a new day and I have to try and not live my life in fear for my son. Praying God will send him a mentor to help get his life back on track. I pray I get to see him again someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter was born on August 21. For the first three days of her life, it was like I could never relax for fear that something was going to go wrong; afraid that she was just going to stop breathing. I felt like I could never take my eyes off of her. When we were released from the hospital, we came home and I decided to read a devotion for the three days that we were at the hospital. So I pick up my devotional "Jesus Calling" and this is what I read. This gave me such peace. It was EXACTLY what I needed to hear. Thank you Jesus for the reminder that I just need to trust you and not allow my love for my daughter to become an ungodly love. This has made an everlasting impression upon my life!

    ReplyDelete