Knock, Knock!

Like any human, I fall off track sometimes when life becomes overwhelming and complicated; forgetting to seek Him and His amazing guidance only to grovel for His forgiveness in being absent to His presence. I am greatly rewarded by blessings of many different kind.

God does not forget me, or you, no matter what goes on or has happened in your life or the world. I hope these daily devotions can help others as much as they have helped me.

For anyone who may be reading this, please do not post comments (or try to) bashing myself or my religious beliefs. I am not out there seeking you out for your differences to try and debate them. I respect that everyone is different, everyone has different religions and beliefs and I completely respect them for that as they have that right. I have been down many different roads in my young life, and this is what I have chosen because I feel it with every beat of my heart. I just ask that it be respected.

Monday, October 19, 2015

October 18

"GO GENTLY THROUGH THIS DAY, keeping your eyes on Me. I will open up the way before you, as you take steps of trust along your path. Sometimes the way before you appears to be blocked. If you focus on the obstacle or search for a way around it, you will probably go off course. Instead, focus on Me, the Shepherd who is leading you along your life-journey. Before you know it, the "obstacle" will be behind you and you will hardly know how you passed through it."

That is the secret of success in My kingdom. Although you remain aware of the visible world around you, your primary awareness is of Me. When the road before you looks rocky, you can trust Me to get you through that rough patch. My Presence enables you to face each day with confidence.

"I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me--just as the Father knows me and I know the Father--and I lay down my life for the sheep."--John 10:14-15

The path of the righteous is level; O upright One, you make the way of the righteous smooth. --Isaiah 26:7

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All too often, I am my own worse enemy and my own biggest obstacle. Having to overcome my flesh and worldly desires/behavior is the biggest struggle daily. Especially after walking in the darkness for the last few years, when all I had to do was let go and let God, grab a hold of His hand and feel relief in His light and His Presence. It's not easy, I will be the first to admit that I am a control freak. I like things a certain way, but my way may not be His way and His way trumps all. Letting go of that control and will is hard, but once I do, I feel so much more relief when, instead, I trust in Him, focus on His will.

I am learning to be thankful for the obstacles in my path and praising Him, thanking Him, for putting the opportunities in place for me to better concentrate on Him rather than the problem at hand. For giving me the opportunity to learn, sit and listen, wait for His instruction... even if it means remaining silent.

Romans 5:3-5 and 8: Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. 8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Our difficulties, struggles, sufferings... are all learning opportunities and opportunities given to us to really trust in God's plan. To lean on him, trust in him and his plan, worship him--when we do that, we are filled with peace. While I am still walking out of the darkness, I have been given so much more peace than I have felt in years. Praise Jesus! He is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment