Knock, Knock!

Like any human, I fall off track sometimes when life becomes overwhelming and complicated; forgetting to seek Him and His amazing guidance only to grovel for His forgiveness in being absent to His presence. I am greatly rewarded by blessings of many different kind.

God does not forget me, or you, no matter what goes on or has happened in your life or the world. I hope these daily devotions can help others as much as they have helped me.

For anyone who may be reading this, please do not post comments (or try to) bashing myself or my religious beliefs. I am not out there seeking you out for your differences to try and debate them. I respect that everyone is different, everyone has different religions and beliefs and I completely respect them for that as they have that right. I have been down many different roads in my young life, and this is what I have chosen because I feel it with every beat of my heart. I just ask that it be respected.

Thursday, October 15, 2015

A Little Off-Topic

Before I get into today's blog, I want to take a moment to clarify that this blog is not by Sarah Young herself. I am merely a reader and believer in Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.

This book was given to me by my incredible mother and has helped me through so many phases, struggles, uncertainties, etc., in my life. The Word of God is incredible, so powerful, full of peace, wisdom, love, understanding, and mostly: forgiveness. Jesus died for our sins, so they may be forgiven if we seek Him; though us sinners are so unworthy.

There are many "missing" days and months in this blog and that goes to show that I struggle every single day for whatever the reason; and there are many, but honestly, more like excuses. You'll read about my struggles, my thoughts, my prayers, and what the day's words from Sarah Young's book and the Scriptures to go with it speaks to me. Like someone commented previously, it is like each day was written specifically for me and strikes me hard. Especially the ones that I don't want to believe are about me--but it makes me take an inner look at myself and my day, my priorities, etc. I tend to realize that they, indeed, are about me.

There will be misspellings, I don't hit spell-check (and hey, it's not perfect either), so forgive me if there are some silly spellings. Just read past (or giggle) and move along. My grammar isn't perfect either, nor am I as a person and while I try and am fairly knowledgeable, frankly, there are more important things. :) I am not a professional blogger, though I try to keep up with it on my website where I am a professional photographer--not so good at it there either, haha! I just pray that the Lord gives me the words. I am greatly humbled and it brings tears to my eyes when I read the numerous comments and feedback from many of the readers in how my posts have helped them; that my own struggles are not unique and how others have overcome them with the help of Jesus. My heart sings happy tears and it makes me feel that Jesus is rejoicing in them.

So, please keep posting and sharing your own experiences with me. While I may be helping you, you are doing the same for me. So much love I feel every time I come back to my blog, and I thank Jesus for every one of you. This blog has merely been more like a public journal and it makes me happy and full of love to see so many finding comfort and help in their times of sorrow and darkness--that somehow, my experiences help so many others by the way of Jesus.

-Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment